Following the news that the Pan Pacific Masters Games 2020 have been cancelled as a whole, Queensland Basketball Masters 2020 has decided to host the basketball portion of the tournament as a standalone competition, giving competitors the opportunity to come together and play the sport they love on the Gold Coast.
This tournament will likely not be the same as the Pan Pacs tournament due to :
- Being basketball only, the participants will be approximately 1,000 instead of 14,000, there will be reduced social activities.
- Likely ongoing restrictions due to COVID-19 may impact the basketball and general activities on the Gold Coast. (Note - We assume that travel and playing restrictions will not apply in November 2020)
- The impact of COVID-19 may reduce persons/teams competing.
The Myths & Legends will be entering teams in this new tournament (we had registered 25 teams in the Pan Pacs).
Peter Godfrey has been appointed as Head Coach of the NBL1 Kilsyth Cobra Men for the 20202 season
Follow the link below to read the article on Peter, a Myths & Legends member.
The 17th Australian Masters Games were held from 5-12 October 2019 in Adelaide. Myths entered 24 teams in Adelaide (9 Women, 15 Men).
The Club entered the first ever men's over 80 team in Australian competition as part of our largest ever spread of age groups - Women from 0/30 to 0/65 & Mens from 0/30 to 0/80.
Reports from Team Managers:
The Myths & Legends Committee awarded 3 Life Memberships in 2019 and congratulates the following members:
All tournaments are dependent on how events relating to COVID-19 roll out and members will be notified accordingly.
- 8-14 November 2020 - Queensland Basketball Masters 2020 , Gold Coast, Queensland
- 14-30 May 2021 - World Masters Games Japan 2021, Kansai, Japan
- August 2021 - FIMBA World Maxibasketball Championships, Orlando, USA
- 9-16 October 2021 - Australian Masters Games, Perth
- November 2021 - Pan Pacific Masters Games, Gold Coast - To be confirmed by organisers